Friday, October 30, 2009

Lorelys Maia's Cupcake Birthday Invitation

Hey, I am going full force with the preparations of my daughter's birthday and I wanted to share the final design for the invitations.  I wanted something crafty, but easy to do at the same time.  I think they came out awesome.  I designed the template in AI, then printed it out on white cardstock.  After a couple of straight cuts and some folding, the invites are done... well at least the first one!  I wanted to incorporate the design of the cupcake I had made earlier with the Martha Stewart punch that was the inspiration for the birthday, so I put the punched cupcake at the top of the birthday cake. The invitation has a flap that closes like an envelope, so I am saving the envelopes.  And notice that I lined the inside of the invitation with pink paper, I think it adds a nice touch. NOTE:  I am from Puerto Rico, so the invitations are in Spanish. I hope you enjoy the pics... and if you do, please share the love with a comment!






11 comments:

  1. Visiting from Sits!!

    Well, aren't you just the craftiest ever?! ;) I could definitely use a tip or two from you in that department!!

    Surferwife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy SITS Sharefest Saturday.

    Super Cute Invites!

    Holly @ 504 Main

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are AMAZING invitations! You are so talented! Beautiful photography of the invitations, too! I'll be featuring on The TomKat Studio and linking! :) Can't wait to see what else you create for her party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet comments Kim! I am so glad you liked them! So excited to be featured on your blog! I will grab my first "I was featured on" button from your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Te quedo todo hermoso!!!!!!!!! mi hija acaba de cumplir un año y nos quedo muy bonito. me encantaria enviarte unas fotos. pero para su segundo cumpleaños me has dado una ideas muy bonitas!!!!!!!! Muchos cariños desde Puerto Rico!!!!! atentamente; Leila, mama de Sareh Cecile

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracias Leila! Me puedes enviar las fotos a mysweetlysweet@gmail.com, me encantaría verlas, también me encantaría ver las del segundo añito cuando las tengas. Saludos desde Caguas, Puerto Rico y cuida mucho a Sareh Cecile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precioso y muy divertido los colores. Me fascina el sobre "abuelito y abuelita", me acuerda de mis abuelitos de Ponce, PRico.
    Todo esta precioso!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are the cutest things EVER!!!
    How did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that many people found my invites cute! For those who are asking... they were designed by hand in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, printed in cardstock and then hand cut and folded. I also designed the personalized cupcake for the punch in AI. Thanks for the sweet comments, I am very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are wonderful. You must be so proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have enjoyed a lot by reading your blog. Really good to read. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the LOVE! Can't wait to hear what you think of my post!