Friday, February 5, 2010

Color correction in Photoshop

When my sister got married, she wanted me to take the pics of her wedding. We did not had any experience, but she wanted us to do it anyway because she knew that if we did it they would turn out ok... so we got the pics and made the album... here are some of the album pages (this was more than 5 years ago!).

Now, one of my husband's cousins is getting married and wants us to take her wedding pics. This will be of course our wedding gift! I get all nervous of course because we don't do this often and it is a once in a lifetime event so if we don't do it right the first time we won't have a second chance. I admire wedding photographers for having those nerves! Well we already did her "Love Story" pictures, here is a couple of them:
A couple of days ago the bride wanted to see if anyone in the family had pictures of her parent's wedding because she wanted to incorporate a picture of her mom in the celebration (she died of cancer when the bride was a little girl). So when she found the pictures, she realized, for her surprise that they had chosen the same color scheme... wow, what a wonderful coincidence!

She asked me to scan the picture of her mom and enlarge it to 8 X 10 in. This was a 4 X 6 photo taken from a normal camera... it was a very simple wedding. So this are the before and after pics. Mother and daughter look very alike!

Now tell me... what do you think of this color correction, does it need more work? Is it OK like this?

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous job and I love photo journalism. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color correction is fantastic! I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both albums, they look similar to the one I have from my wedding and I hired a professional, so you did such a great job!

    Saludos,
    Clau!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a FABULOUS job with the photos! and the color correction is perfect! You'll do wonderful at the wedding with the photos!

    Great blog you have! And you're valentines printables are soooo sweet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! Your sister is gorgeous and she looks like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the photoshop color info here. Keep up the good work. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today I was surfing on the internet & found this article I read it & it is really amazing articles on the internet on this topic thanks for sharing such an amazing article.
    WEB DEVELOPMENT Company in Kolkata

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great content, amazing post altogether! keep posting such quality posts would be delighted to be updated with the latest on your blog,
    Regards
    Web Designing Services in Kolkata

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the LOVE! Can't wait to hear what you think of my post!